Thread: Calendar days vs work days

Calendar days vs work days

I want to set up a schedule based on calendar days. I am sure I have seen it before, but have not been able to find it.
    My project is in planning stage and I need to show for instance 30 days for first task, 60 days for second task and 60 days for third task, which should all add up to 5 months total.
    I have tried to set it up where I make Saturday and Sunday work days, but then when I add 30 days in the Duration column, the start day and end day is not calculated to be a month apart.

Thanks for any input...

Re: Calendar days vs work days

Update on my previous post. It seems like using "elapsed days (ed)" instead of just "days" will use calendar days instead of work days.
    When I have a task for one month, when I type in 30d the start and end days will be 1.5 months apart, but when I type in 30ed in the duration, the start and end dates are 1 month apart.

I think that the point is that the calendar is eternal, but the durations should remain the same, unless you decide to take measures to correct this, such as increasing working hours or resources, etc. Check some similar suggestions given in this thread - Converting work days to calendar days

Quote Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
    I want to set up a schedule based on calendar days. I am sure I have seen it before, but have not been able to find it.
    My project is in planning stage and I need to show for instance 30 days for first task, 60 days for second task and 60 days for third task, which should all add up to 5 months total.
    I have tried to set it up where I make Saturday and Sunday work days, but then when I add 30 days in the Duration column, the start day and end day is not calculated to be a month apart.

Thanks for any input...
    Hmmm. I'd say there may be an error in how you made all Saturdays and Sundays working days. Let us know what version of Project -- and we can help with detailed steps.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
    Hmmm. I'd say there may be an error in how you made all Saturdays and Sundays working days. Let us know what version of Project -- and we can help with detailed steps.

Julie
    Thread revival!
    I am using MS Project 2007.
    Still have the same problem. I have been using edays, which works, but I know it is not the right way to do it. There should be a simple way to work in calendar days vs work days.