Thread: How to Unhide columns in Microsoft Project 2003

How to Unhide columns in Microsoft Project 2003

I have just started using Microsoft office Project 2007. So i am not aware of its functions very well and i recently opened a file using the application which has some columns hidden. I wanted to know how can i disable this hidden columns. i have used the tactics to unhide the columns similar to that in excel but to no success. Please tell me how can i get this problem fixed.

Re: How to Unhide columns in Microsoft Project 2003

To unhide an column in this applicaiton. You need to insert it as you would with a new column. The custom format that had been applied to the column before the hide is lost and must be reapplied to the column inserted.
    • In a sheet view, select the column ( ) on the right of where you want to show the column. If you want to show in last place, you have to insert before the last column, and then move it by dragging its header.
    • On the Insert menu, click Column.
    • Specify Field Name, Title, Title and Align Align data and then determine the value of width of the columns.
    • To adjust the column header text to the next line, select the Wrap text check box in the header.
    • To set the column width according to the longest item in the column, click Best Fit.

Even i am very much new to this application and i too wanted to know what is the method to hide certain column if i need to do so. I have opened up a file using the application which was sent to me by my and i have inserted certain columns in it and i need to hide this column can you tell me the procedure using which i can hide those columns. Also tell me whether the column will get deleted if i try to hide it and will it be removed from the plan. For what all purpose can i use Microsoft Project 2007. Thanks in Advance.

For what all purpose can i use Microsoft Project 2007. Thanks in Advance.
    Microsoft Project is a tool included in Microsoft's Office suite that allows you to manage projects efficiently and effectively. You can control project work, schedules and finances, keep project teams together to share the same information, and be much more productive with this tool. If you receive a Microsoft Project file you can open it without installing MS Project with MOOS Project Viewer, a free software that lets you open and view in a dynamic and print any file in Microsoft Project.

It runs on any platform with Java enabled and therefore compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. This free tool is a viewer only, therefore can not edit files with this tool.

If you receive a file generated with MS Project and you do not have Microsoft Project and only has to do, so you need a viewer for Microsoft Project and if possible a free or affordable.

Whenever you hide certain columns in Microsoft Office Project, The column just disappears from view, but not removed from the plan. Nor is removed from the plan any information to hide a column.
    • In a view of leaf , select the column ( ) to hide.
    • On the Edit menu, click Hide Column.

Note: To quickly set the width of any column in a datasheet view so as to fit the longest item in the column, double-click on the right edge of the column header. The column width is automatically changed to fit the widest text in any cell.

To simply view these columns again you need to follow the steps mentioned above by Eric B.