Thread: Distributing resource allocation from desktop Project 2010

Distributing resource allocation from desktop Project 2010

As a project/resource manager at my company I use a large Project system with a shared resource pool. These resources are all set up through Active Directory. The new Team Planner view is a fantastic addition and leads me to believe I can use Project for resource and time management. The only problem is that the Team Planner view does not offer great visibility in reports or print outs/pdfs as short tasks become illegibly small and any detail in the task title is lost.

What I am after is a way that I can export tasks to Outlook including any notes or files that are attached to them. I believe that in the past this would have been possible with the "set reminder" button but I can't get it to work at all. I have made the button visible in Project but it is simply greyed out no matter what I do.

I have also looked at various Project viewers that might allow me to distribute a "schedule" to resoureces but unfortunately I can't find any that incorporate the Team Planner view.

Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Distributing resource allocation from desktop Project 2010

I have got a software which may help you to solve your project. Just try “Multi Project Planner 2.1”: Multiple parallel projects competing for shared resources are at the very hub of Multi-Project-Planner. The project actions are booked on an agenda, ordinary to all work teams. I.e. the Gantt charts of the projects are placed over upon this ordinary schedule. This way both resource allocation and the interrelationships among the activities are sustained in one and the similar view.

As a marketing consultant providing consultancy to IT companies for last few years. From my past experiences i found organizations / companies facing lots of problems in selecting an appropriate software tool for managerial tasks / scheduling tasks.I suggest companies to use a marvelous product by Enbraun Corp i.e eResource Scheduler, a revolutionary product having features like drag & drop scheduling, financial reports, time-sheets, etc. A configurable and collaborative scheduling software also supporting multi-user environment. Visit for a 14 day free trial.

I understand that your problem with the "Set reminder" button being greyed out is due to product versions. I have the same problem and have been told that to get this function to work you must have the same versions of project and office installed (eg run Project 2010 with Office 2010 etc)

Can you briefly describe the features of eresource scheduler and what are the installation requirements prior to eresource scheduler's setup ?

David posted it almost a year ago, so you may not hear back. See the website for EResource Scheduler to get you started

However, it appears the web site has not been updated since 2010 -- so I don't know if the company is still in business.

Quote Originally Posted by nancycahille View Post
    Hi David,

Can you briefly describe the features of eresource scheduler and what are the installation requirements prior to eresource scheduler's setup ?

Its good to hear from you. This collaborative resource planning software has too many features , and describing them here will take a lot of time. You can visit the feature page of eResource Scheduler where you will get every minute detail. Also you can watch videos which may help you in better understanding the functionality of the software.

Regarding Installation process you'll not require anything as everything is included in the setup.
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 24-12-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: removed the link