Thread: How do I draw resource histogram for all resources

How do I draw resource histogram for all resources

Hi,
    This is MS Project 2007 running on Windows 7 Ultimate. I wanted to draw resource histogram for all resources in a project. I read some steps on web and tried following the same. Acoording to them I need to choose Resource Graph, but when I do the same, I’m only able to see for a single resource and not for all resources. Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to view allocation for all resources of my Project?

Thank you.

Re: How do I draw resource histogram for all resources

I haven’t tried it yet but I think it is possible with the following procedure. Just give it a try:
    • Split window
    • Select ˜Resource Usage view in the top pane
    • Select ˜Resource Graph view in the bottom pane
    • Right click in the bottom pane to open context menu
    • Open Bar Styles ¦
    • Change settings in the left column (Selected resources) from ˜Don t Show to Bar”
    • Change settings in the right column (Resource) from Bar to Don’t Show Resource Graph will show allocation for resources selected in top pane.

Reply back with the results.

Re: How do I draw resource histogram for all resources

If you want the histogram for the total work of all the resources Window/Split and click in the top pane to make sure it is the active pane and then View/ Resource Usage or Resource Sheet. Now click in the lower pane, View/ Resource Graph.

Right-click the graph and select Bar Styles… and on the left side, change the Selected Resources bars from Don't Show to Area (or whatever you want), selecting Colour and Pattern to suit, for both Overallocated and Allocated resources.

On the right hand side you could also hide the individual resource by selecting Don’t Show in both Overallocated and Allocated resources. Now click the OK button.