Thread: Estimated duration question marks

Estimated duration question marks

I need some help here. I am using Microsoft Project. I want some option through which I can configure task in such a way that there will be a question mark that disappear automatically after adding a work on the same. There are some set of estimated task available in the project. I am not able to eliminate any function here and it still lies in the list. There is a work of re-typing the duration each time when I see the task. The estimated duration function is a bit annoying here to manage. So can anyone guide me on this. Thanks.

Go to Tools and then click on Option. There you can find a option called as schedule. In that you can manage to make changes and I am sure it will help you. Sometime there are very less customization option available that works well. I am trying here to find out some similar solution like you. Did you tried to find information on the help center. More details would be provided on it. Sometime it is a bit difficult to understand on project how to provide a basic kind of conditional formating option. I thought it would be easier but day by day my job is getting complicated.

The task is on the basis of fixed duration. And most of the time it goes automatically. You do not require to do any changes in that. The problem lies with estimating the duration in project. So you can only find things related to that in the complete manual. You can create a test project by creating a task and then setup the type of duration you need. Ensure that it is fixed. Later on you can assign resources and leave the question mark on that place. Now the problem appears. It is not going if the task or duration goes. So internally there is no option available that can do this.

It is necessary that you must mention in detail what you guys are trying to do. I am confused between the post talking about the problem. First the person here wants an option that can help him to deal with question mark symbol in the task. It does not reappear or somehow it must go when the task is over. Something like that. The best way to get details on this kind of issue is reading the manual. Microsoft Project is having minimum resources on the web that guide you for the problem and due to which you are not getting solution.