Thread: Configuration error on Xbox360 extender and Windows Media Center V

Configuration error on Xbox360 extender and Windows Media Center V

I am having a laptop that has windows vista home premium in it. There is a internal wifi in the same. I had also installed a netgear router at my home. Now I am having a xbox 360. It is connected to the router. The laptop and xbox both are on the same network and I can see each other. I can stream music from my laptop on the box. There is no dedicated port configured for it. I am willing to add a media extender to the pc. But when I try to setup the connection I got a message to add a 8 digit code on the system. I had also disabled the firewall but still the extender ask for codec. Later on there is a message that configuration error.

Is there a antivirus in your system. Just disable that completely and then try to connect. This kind of problem appears due to security application in the system screwing up stuff. I was also trying to configure my system and after a number of attempt I was able to do that properly. You have to start the setup from scratch again and it is surely going to work well. The security application in the system is major cause of failure and it is recommended that you must disable that or simply add the application under exception list.

I was not able to get above that error. Later on I formatted my computer and installed Windows Vista from scratch. I updated all the drivers and installed all the required updates. There was no problem with the configuration. I installed windows media player. I had not yet installed any antivirus in my system. I was using norton before. Somehow I was able to added xbox as extender. It looks the antivirus is having some kind of settings that is blocking it and without that it works well.