Thread: Media Center Extender Crashes on Xbox 360

Media Center Extender Crashes on Xbox 360

I am using Xbox 360 as media extender in my network. I had installed a software on my pc to share the content on Xbox. The network is password protected. When I try to connect it ask for the password. After entering that Xbox freezes and media center on the pc crashes. There is nothing on the screen. I have to disconnect both of them to make them work properly. I had manually forwarded a separate port on the network so that the Xbox can utilize the same. But somehow it is not working well. I am using Windows XP SP3. I wonder this would not be some kind of hardware failure.

It looks there is some conflict in your system. The connectivity is causing failure. There is some conflict in the system. You must try to find out what service is causing the problem. It will be better if you try to re-install Media center also and then check back. Try to install media center after adding fresh updates. The freezing issue causes some internal system file failure. You can find detail on the error in log files. There is more description mentioned in that. The error log also gives you information on file which has caused the issue.

I am having the same problem. I also can't connect as a remote desktop. The guys that are having the same problem should try this as well. New format installed and all updates done and the xbox keeps freezing. I also have two linksys extenders and they keep saying that they are being disconnected by host computer. I can't go SP3 as it makes my tuners not recognized in MCE. Microsoft wants me to switch to Vista, I am sure.

I am also getting the same kind of issue. The problem lies with Extender. It get freezes each time when I try to connect it. I found a patch for SP3 which gave very little help. I am not sure that the security patch available on the web can make it better. I had turned off update. The problem basically started appearing after running windows update. Before that I was able to get a stable connection but media streaming was not working. Later on I tried to reconfigure each and every thing from scratched and ample of issues looks to be working.