Thread: Driver has overrun a stack based buffer error

Driver has overrun a stack based buffer error

I am constantly getting a driver based overrun error on my system. The error refers to some overrun a stack based buffer. This error appears constantly at a interval of 5 minutes. As it is a kind of driver error so I updated my system drivers and then also it is appearing. I checked my system for virus. There was nothing found. It looks that there is some kind of system file missing or deleted which is causing the problem. Even after restarting the computer the problem lies the same. I had stopped the newly installed hardware service and still getting the same kind of problem. Any idea on it.

Restart your system in safe mode. In that see whether you are getting the error or not. There can be some internal system file which is causing the failure. And then scan your system for virus. If there is any the it will be detected. To find more information on the error you can go in Event Viewer and verify the logs. The log has detailed description on the issue. You can in that locate the associated file which is causing the crash. You can try running windows update also to get a fix on the issue.

Re: Driver has overrun a stack based buffer error

Try to run system restore. It is correct that in event viewer you can collect ample of information. It is not complicated to find a fixed solution for that. The error can be related to some driver file which is corrupted by virus or spoiled by a malware. You can also collect a helpful resources on the same on official site of microsoft. Somehow there are chances that you get appropriate update to fix the problem. System restore is helpful a number of time but if that also does not work then run a repair setup and then check again.