Thread: unable to install media center extender for xbox onto MCE 2005

unable to install media center extender for xbox onto MCE 2005

I cannot install Media Center Extender on my system. I am using media center 2005 on my system. When I try to configure I am getting a error that there is a installation failure. It keeps on giving the same error. There is nothing I can do. The setup just crashes while working in between. I tried to run some updates but that also did not work. The edition of media center I have works well on my friends system. Can anyone guide me properly to deal with the issue. I am sure there is some set of proper updates which is really going to work well.

It is necessary that you arrange a more proper update for the media center edition that you have. Media Center is a bit annoying with some outdated drivers. I was getting that error constantly on my xp laptop. I thought to re-install mce 2005 but still the problem persist. Later on I found the issue lies with media. Second thing there can be some buggy update in your system which is causing the failure. You can find the installed updates in control panel > add remove program. You must get rid of that which is not needed.

RE: unable to install media center extender for xbox onto MCE 2005

You must get a new setup. That is the only way to fix the same. I am not sure that this is a update failure. What is the windows edition you are using. Most of time there is no bug with installation if the files are perfect. What is the exact error you are getting. You can try to check the file which is causing the problem. You must change the setup and try to find which is working fine. You can download the same from web also. I am sure you can find a valid setup for the same.

I am getting the same error and tried a number of things. But nothing work. First of all if media center is not installed properly how will you able to connect the same to xbox. One thing you can try is to copy the setup in a usb device and then paste that in your computer. There are chances that your existing cd drive is having some internal error and it is causing the failure. You must to re-run the setup once again and see whether it works fine or not.