Thread: Cannot see Xbox 360 from my XP PC

Cannot see Xbox 360 from my XP PC

I am facing a problem with my computer that is not able to see the Xbox 360. I am not able to stream to the Xbox 360 on my Windows XP pc, that has WMP 11 with all the necessary ports opened in the Windows Firewall. The computer is plugged into a Dlink router and it is plugged into a DSL modem. The Xbox 360 is using a Linksys router as a client which has been flashed with DD-WRT, so that it can connect to my network wirelessly and I am able to connect to the Xbox Live without any issues. I am also able to ping the Xbox 360 but in my network I am unable to see it? Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Cannot see Xbox 360 from my XP PC

I think that you should first of all try to use only one router and check if its working for you, incase you have set Xbox 360 up with 8 digit code and enabled sharing in Windows Media Player already. If there are too many devices then it will make the troubleshooting very tough.

Re: Cannot see Xbox 360 from my XP PC

I am also having similar kind of problem. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition on my pc and an Xbox 360 as a media extender that is wired networked via a Netgear router. The media extender is working fine for me and I am able to access music and photos as well, but if I try to access recorded or live TV then I get a following error message that says "No TV signal. There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel my be temporarily off the air or you may need to adjust or reconnect your TV antenna." Can anyone please help me out?

I think when you are trying to play a recorded program then only you are getting that error. You need to check that error when you try to watch a recorded program from the extender. You will also need to tune to a channel on the computer and then leave it on. AFter that try to watch it on the Xbox 360 also at the same time and if you get any error the post it in the next reply.