Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set-Top Box and Windows Media Center Remote Control Problem

Set-Top Box and Windows Media Center Remote Control Problem

I need help to configure a Set-Top box on Windows Media Center. I am using a Windows Vista computer. It looks to be working fine, but there is some issue with the configuration. The TV Tuner card in the system is giving problem while configuration of remote on the system. The Set top box looks to be working fine. I had connected the box to Tv Tuner. It is then connected to the system. So it must read the same. But it fails to detect it. It does not looks there is a way to make this thing work.

The problem with the IR blaster mostly. It is the only that fails to work properly with Vista. The sync just do not respond well. I had checked on some other website also and they also blame the IR blaster for the problem. I had even updated the drivers and made changes that were needed. But somehow it fails to work.

Re: Set-Top Box and Windows Media Center Remote Control Problem

Everything looks to be working fine. But somehow the Remote control is not working. The problem lies with the IR blaster. The same works quiet well on my Windows XP system. I thought there can be bug with the driver or some other stuff. I had tried to modified the settings but still it does not work. Is there are a compatible IR blaster available for Windows Vista.

I was going through the same problem. So I went on Microsoft website to find solution or relative hardware for it. I found a Comcast cable on it. The cable has a option to switch its own digital signal. I thought it would work well so I added the on my setup. After adding on on the TV Tuner card a major amount of channel disappear. There we no channels at all. I cannot understand where I made mistake. I am using Vista. I restored the old settings but the issue is still same.

It is not recommended that you use Comcast with any other TV Tuner card. There is some compatibility problem among set of hardware's. You can try to find a more compatible card and avoid using Vista here. I had upgraded to Windows 7 and things are working fine.

I had formatted my system and started a process from scratch to rebuild my media center system. But somehow there was a issue with the process. It was working great before update. I had re-installed Media Center and some of the channels fails to appear. It is very complicated to find the channels if they are lots once. I think there might be a suitable of doing that.

How you setup the TV Tuner. At the time of configuration do you find any appropriate updates. It is a bit complicated to make TV Tuner work properly on Windows Vista. If it is XP then it works far better. But if the same is Vista then there are tons of compatibility problem with it. You are unable to find appropriate drivers.

There are some media center other than Windows Media Center. You can try them and the hardware that fails to work in Windows MCE works great on other media center. All you need do is to find the right drivers for it and ensure that it is detected. Windows Media Center needs a tons of improvements..

As per my experience in Vista, it is a great waste of time in making Media Center on it. I was having a happy working setup of Media Center on Windows XP. The day when I upgraded to Vista thing were screwed up. It is not at all working fine. I thought there will be some better options available in fixing it but later my all channels are lost. I went back on Windows XP and things went back to normal.

There is a bug with Comcast IR and due to which you get that error. I started from scratch back again from MCE boxes. Things were fine know. The best comcase Ir is really buggy using with Vista and there is no way to fix the same via drivers or update. You had already seen a set of such a large discussion that are facing the same issue.

There are some compatible RF remote that you can buy and check out. It is always recommended that you buy the remote which is compatible and it is quiet certified by Media Center device. It is not at all complicated to find a compatible device on the web. There are chances you get the one that really works and it offers you better support.

I am comcast user. I had faced the issue and I had contacted them to configure the setup. I am using a single set top box now. Recently I saw a dual digital tuner on Amazon and I think this is going to work really well. I had seen Comcast has also brought up some new models. I want to go for the same but I do not want to start configuration from scratch. There must be some kind of migration policy available which can help us to do the same.

I am having a Dell XPS Gen 5 Desktop at my home. It came with a dual TV Tuner card. Now I ordered a Comcast setup box and I am not aware how to configure that on the TV tuner to stream media directly on my pc. It is a really complicated problem why this is happening. I am not able to find any related solution on the same. Any idea how to make this work properly.

What are you trying to do actually. There is a Set-top box or DVR you are trying to configure. The more hardware you will try to add the more complicated it will be. Configuring a media center pc is not at all complicated. But what matters is to get a proper IR connectivity. This fails a number of time and there will be some option available.

I had bought a media center pc. It has Windows XP Media Center 2005 on it. There is a dual TV tuner card on it. I had started configuring the same by putting in the coaxial cable and somehow the process looks to be working fine. But after a proper synchronization the remote started working automatically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast