Thread: Vista Ultimate 32-bit IR Hardware not detected

Vista Ultimate 32-bit IR Hardware not detected

There is some issue with Windows Vista. I have a 32bit system and bought a MCE Remote control. It is a official remote sold by Microsoft. I am trying to set up Media Center Tv. But somehow there is problem with the remote. Media Center is not detecting it all. I tried to find that the IR will work on other port but that is also not working. Any idea on that why the issue appears or how to fix this.

Go in bios and see that the IR is enabled or not. To use it you will need to enable some usb configuration from the bios itself. The other issue that lies with the same i the driver fault. There is a set of cd of default drivers which are required to use the IR or else it will not work. Check in Device Manager that is detected or not.

Yes it is a kind of driver failure. You require proper drivers to run that ir receiver. The remote comes with the dongle. When you connect that does it is detected in Device Manager. If it is not installed then the remote will not respond at all. Try this go in Device Manager and right click on the hardware. Uninstall the same. The remote will only work if the IR device is working and accepting the connection.

I had faced the same type of thing when installing a Tv Tuner Set box. It was detected but due to some reason Windows is unable to catch signal from it. Later on I updated the drivers. Sometime the ports that you are using has the issue. You must change that and it is always recommended that you attach this kind things on the backside of motherboard. Later on you can run a fresh driver updates and windows will detect it. If still it is not working the the IR dongle is damaged. Get a replacement for the same.

It is a bit complicated to configure a TV box on Windows Media Center. But I am bit annoyed to find that you are not able to install a simple Media Center Remote. The remote just has has Infrared Receiver with usb connectivity. You have to connect that to the system backside and then configure the settings. That's all. I am also using the same and it works really well.

There is a driver disc that comes with the device. If that is not appropriate then you can try Windows Update. IR remote has nothing to install much. The CD also comes with some set of configuration utility through which you can modify the button settings and use it as you want. It is always a complicated job to install hardware in Vista. It is the most buggy OS I had seen. It is recommended that you must recheck the driver version and then test it back.

re: Vista Ultimate 32-bit IR Hardware not detected

Try Windows update. You might get some fix for that. I had bought a same remote but it failed to work on Vista. The same works very well on Windows XP. There was some issue with configuration in Vista. I cannot understand what thing was blocking it from inside. It is not at all complicated to find a proper solution in Vista while if the same is Windows XP then it is much more easier to use.