Thread: DRM ActiveX Network Object crushes IE7

DRM ActiveX Network Object crushes IE7

I need serious help here in using Internet Explorer 7. It keeps on crashing when I try to watch some online videos. I had tried to re-install the same but still it is not working. I also tried to restore the default settings but still it is not working. Is this issue somewhat related to windows media player. I am not able to find the exact reason behind crash. None of my videos is working. I need urgent help here. There are some video lectures on the web that I will need to view the same. I am not able to find any appropriate solution for the same.

You can find more information on the same in log files. There can be some internal codec problem which is causing the failure. I had got the same issue but it is not a serious bug. The internet explorer crashes only on some videos. I thought the problem was with the codec. I had updated the same and the browser looks to be working stable for sometime. But still you must not trust on internet explorer for media surfing. It is not a stable option. There are some other browser available which are mot stable and does not require codec updates.

Try to re-install the browser and this time do not install any addon in the system. The bug is with the addons that you are using. Also a number of websites that offer video lectures provides a different type of media files. Other web browsers are much better to handle multimedia files. Internet Explorer on the same hand gets a bit buggy as you keep on using the same. Later on you can run windows update to find any fixes that can resolve the problem.