Thread: Resolution for Windows Media Load Simulator 9.0: SERVER ACCESS DENIED...

Resolution for Windows Media Load Simulator 9.0: SERVER ACCESS DENIED...

Is there anyone else facing above mentioned error apart from me? I had this problem yesterday on my Media Center edition 4.1 and simulator 9. After many workarounds and searches finally I managed to fix it and hence thought to share the solution for other people as well. When I started getting this error first I put ASFroot "wmload" and "WMLoad" as .asf and .wmv. and restarted the service but that dint worked.

Later I found the right manner sniffing the traffic with ethereal: the loadsim started seeking for a file called "wmloadsafe.txt" and I thought I should put in in the ASFroot directory. Well, I was correct with this thought but the path was wrong. Instead of ASFroot directory it was to be put under root (C:\) on your media server.

For doing this you must have access to the C:\ folder and put the wmloadsafe.txt as well as use loadsim with having started a connection to c$ on the media server. By doing this you can define your specific media content files in configuration and see them tested, otherwise, even if you define some file, the requested file will be always WMLoad.asf (so written!) using the protocol http!

Re: Resolution for Windows Media Load Simulator 9.0: SERVER ACCESS DENIED...

Iep Eugenio is right!

Another trick is open a smb session

\\server\c$

and voilá

cheers

The error that you are getting is because it is a security feature of the load simulator. If the file named wmload.asf is not in the server's asfroot directory, the load simulator does not stress the server. To solve this problem just try to create an ASF file named wmload.asf and put it in your asfroot directory. You can do this by making a copy of the sample.asf file and renaming it to wmload.asf. You can get more information about this issue on this page - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251073

Well, I have heard that you will be only abel to run the Load Simulator against the same version as the server. So for that you might require to get a hold of the v4 Load Simulator. Also check whether your default publishing point is enabled along with the HTTP protocol. The wmload.asf will be first streamed by the load simulator from the dedault publishing point using the HTTP protocol. Hope this helps.