Thread: Video Error with Xbox 360 Extender

Video Error with Xbox 360 Extender

I need some help here to work with Xbox. There is a Media Center Extender attach to the same. It is working fine. But somehow the issue started appearing as I switched back to Windows Vista. There was no extender attach before. I had added as I thought there will be some issue with Vista to detect the media streaming. But somehow everything is installed. There was no issue at all. I can view photos but when I try to launch a video I am getting a error. The entire media center crashes. Any idea on on it.

Re: Video Error with Xbox 360 Extender

I will recommend you to test the connections first. If there is a TV connected to the PC then verify that it is getting display from the pc. You have to verify each hardware one by one and check that everything is working well. There are chances that due to outdated hardware and drivers this issue appear. Extender never creates issue in Xbox or Media Center, but some internal driver failures or corrupt system file cause the fault.

Try to reconfigure each and everything back. To be frank Windows Vista is too buggy and there are tons of problem with it while configuration. Also it is necessary that you manage to find proper internal codecs and ensure that it works fine. Gaming consoles are easy to manage but there are some settings which cause the failure and there is nothing much you can do.

Try to connect the Xbox directly to PC. Do you have a TV Tuner card also. If yes then eject any additional display from it and just ensure that your Xbox is able to get all the access to multimedia files. First of all your Media Center is crashing and it is a kind of big bug. You can find the description on error in Event Viewer. There you can find the exact cause of issue and you can try to troubleshoot the same.

That is a codec bug. Just go online and download some recent Vista codecs or run Windows Update. It is quiet important that you get the right codec or else it is not going to work well. For number of different video programs you need proper codec or it fails to work. There are chances that the internal codecs are not proper. There is a Vista codec pack available on the web. You can download that for free and check once again whether videos are playable or not.

I was also getting the same kind of error on Xbox and somehow I was not able to fix it. The setup was fine, there was proper driver update and it was entirely a new setup. But as I play a video there was a error and it crashed. Later on I disabled my Antivirus for some time and tested it back again. It started working. There was no issue at all. So it looks the antivirus or some kind of file permission issue cause this problem.

im running Windows Vista Home Premium. im trying to run videos on my xbox 360 with the whole windows media center extender thing. my xbox plays music and pictures fine. it wont play ANY video files. even WMV files. it gets the same error message mentioned above. but i got the ffdshow codec package installed on the pc. my computer is an ASUS laptop with an Intel Core2 Duo. 4 gb of memory. 200gb hd. i've been looking all over the internet for an answer. it just wont seem to work. i even tried to run Runtime360 and TVersity. cant get those to work either. those wont even show up on my xbox. now, my xbox is a first generation. that might have something to do with it. PLEASE HELP!!!

I have the same problem, and looking around the net, there seems to be NO ANSWER...

I might have an idea where the issue is, but I dont have an answer to the problem. I have the exact same setup, and I have the exact same issue. I started having the issue after purchasing a Gigabit router. I put my old 100 Mb router back in and everything works great. I am trying to figure out the solution to your problem as well. Do you happen to have a Gigabit Router?

Not at all; I have been using the same Ativa router since the beginning, and I don't think it's had any firmware upgrades...I strongly believe it is the Service Pack download.

The error can be due to some files which the media server is not able to stream between your system and xbox. Also check the format of video you are using. This is error is limited to some audio and video files only. Disable your firewall and then check back. For an try just check that in Media Center Pc the video file is running or not. You can check this with different video codecs. The most standard format does not cause such issues.