Thread: How to fix Windows Media Player Error: C00D0FEA

How to fix Windows Media Player Error: C00D0FEA

I need some help with C00D0FEA error on Windows Media Player. I am trying to stream some online videos. This are some lectures. But when I try to do that I am getting a error saying that Windows media has some problem and it is closed. After few moment I got the error. I got this every time when I try to run those online lectures. It is working fine with other video files that are in my computer. Any idea what can be the reason behind this error. You must keep on running windows update.

Try to re-install Windows media player. I do this for most of my video problem and it fixes the issue. I recently got a codec error while playing some video files and somehow it was not working well. I found a new edition on the web and downloaded the same. I had removed the old one and installed the new one. It started working fine. There is no issue at all. You can directly upgrade also, but it is best recommended to install it from scratch. There can be some internal codec or missing system file which is causing this crash.

Yes re-installation is one of the good option to deal with the issue. There is no direct reason why media player is so annoying. I skipped media player and installed vlc in my system. It is working fine. There are number of video format which windows media player is unable to read. For that you will need to find a proper codec pack. There are ample of free codec pack available on web separately for windows xp and windows vista. The lectures that you are trying to view might not be in proper format. Windows media player can read mp4, wav, avi, etc files. But for some other formats it needs proper codec.