Thread: Using Media Encoder 9 on Windown 2000 to stream live video

Using Media Encoder 9 on Windown 2000 to stream live video

I have a very old computer. It has Windows 2000 and it is still working. I had installed a media server in that. I am planing to make a media server. I had installed Media Encoder 9 in that. I want to broadcast some live video through a camera attached to the computer. I want some suggestion that will it work or not. Or I am wasting time here. I had just tested and got the first error on the screen. The error was related to some http server. The error number is 0xC00D2F0C.

Go in additional components and see that whether IIS is installed or not. It can be disabled due to some reasons. You have to reconfigure the same back again to create a proper server so that everyone can view. It will be more better if you can upgrade that to Windows XP. This type of media server works very well on Windows XP and there is less problem related to driver or other related updates. Just try to enable all the network resources and check back. It must work properly.

Even if you had able to get the media center work there can be problem with encoding. It is recommended that you must use a proper encoder to ensure that this issue must be resolved. And yes upgrading to Windows XP is far better option. Before that just arrange the motherboard drivers. To get more enhancement by upgrading to Windows Media Server 2003. The newer edition it is the minimum updates you require. For Windows 2000 it is a bit not easy to find proper updates or encoders. The video streaming will also be very poor.

I am looking for Windows Media Encoder 7 download. Is anyone having the same. If yes then please provide me. I am not able to find that on the web.

Windows media services problem

Ok I found a fix for this error, at least one that worked for me. First open Windows Media Services by locating it in the start menu. Second, On the menu to the left, you should see the name of the server with a plus sign next to it. Click on the server name. Third, Click the Properties tab on the left hand side of the window. Fourth, click on Control Protocol in the category menu. Last, make sure that the ” WMS HTTP Server Control Protocol ” is enabled under the plug-in menu.