Thread: New Vista Media Center Extender options?

New Vista Media Center Extender options?

I am looking for some common suggestion using Media Center Extender on Xbox. I had not yet tested this but many says that it works really well. Also it allows to connect multiple devices at a single time. I am playing to configure a Windows Media Center PC. I am going to use Windows XP for that. I had seen some models on web but confused to go for which one.

You can choose any which is better. There are ample of models available on the web. The issue lies with extenders is proper configuration. Some due to outdated drivers the audio does not sync and sometime there is a problem with IR. So it is necessary that first you make a list of products and then go with configuration. It is also good if you take someone's help who has already done this before.

Re: New Vista Media Center Extender options?

Look for V2 Media Center Extender. It is made by Linksys and available on web. I think this is going to work really well. This media center are set of small devices that are available to stream media content on different devices. The best part of using them is that you do not need to put some kind of special drivers for it. There are tons of models available on web. You can download any you want and use it. Look for the one which has minimum configuration.

Re: New Vista Media Center Extender options?

Buy the one that gives you easy ethernet connectivity. I think that is one of the best way to share content around the entire room. If you are interested in spending a bit higher amount then you can simply get a wireless extender. It is costly but has tons of things that you can try out. It is not at all complicated to find proper support on the same. A media extender is available on web and you can order one. Check the specification first.

There are ample of products available on the web. It is necessary that you choose the one that you can operate. You can simply visit microsoft website and simply locate the product which is compatible. Microsoft updates a compatibility list on the web that offers maximum support while using it. It is not worth to list tons of models here. Because the more better you go for the most costly it will be and also it is a waste of time.

Go on Ebay or Amazon and look for some popular devices used with Xbox. There are ample of media extender. Some are very basic while some offer more better connectivity and streaming options. It is better if you can convert your desktop to a server and then use it like a Media Server to share content around the network. Ensure that you locked the network and does not allow anyone to share your content.