Thread: Error Windows Media Player cannot play the file: The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec...

Error Windows Media Player cannot play the file: The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec...

I am using Windows XP with Windows Media Player 11. Am confused with one behavior of my media player and need to know the reason. I use multicast client which sometimes connect to the WMS and play the stream without any problems. But on the same computer, same client and same server, sometimes it wont connect, instead give error stating:

“Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file”

Any idea?

Re: Error Windows Media Player cannot play the file: The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec...

Just download and install latest version of FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder: with AMR enabled and the problem will be solved. You can get more details about the same here.[/QUOTE]