Thread: Setup doesnt start after download

Setup doesnt start after download

I want to use the XBOX 360 and the Media Center so I went to www.xbox.com/pcsetup and checked that I need to hit the download center first. After the installations, applying patches in Windows XP service pack 2, I installed the .NET Framework. After that I started the setup with the code and then I clicked next and it downloaded the XBOXXPSP2-ENU and os then I started extracting the setup.exe, but after that all of a sudden the the setup just exists and will not start again? What is going on here?

RE: Setup doesnt start after download

Alright, after reading for some solutions I found out that I dont have Media Center installed on my pc. Since I just want to connect to my pc to run some music on the Xbox 360, I thought of doing the above thing which did not work for me? Also, I dont have the media center on the pc, so is this the problem that I am having?

Re: Setup doesnt start after download

If you want to play mucis then Windows Media Connect can be used for same. Actually, Media Center is required only to play video on the Xbox along with the audio.

I was experiencing the same problem: When running XboxMCE05Lite-enu.exe, the setup would not start, and DvcSetup.exe was consuming 50% of my dual-core CPU (so probably 100% of a single core). This took me forever to find, but it did the trick... I actually found it in a MSFT forum first, but then was able to (finally) find the MS KnowledgeBase article, 916180. Hope that helps some others...