Thread: No sound working with XBMC on Linux

No sound working with XBMC on Linux

I have comprised and recently upgraded to the most recent unstable I had beta 1 formerly, additional than at present I do not have sound in the interface. I am utilizing Ubuntu 11.10. I have encompassed had the similar settings in the previous beta and the whole thing worked. Not certain why it's occurring at present. It works just extremely well on Music/Video so it is not actually a big deal, other than a bit annoying.

Re: No sound working with XBMC on Linux

In order to acquire navigation sounds inaugurated libsdl1.2debian-alsa. In case you acquire a device busy error when attempting to play pass through sound, put out of action navigation sounds. This predicament is going to be fixed.

I was also facing the similar issue with me. And yes, the sound works on the OS level, I be able to test it, and the whole thing seems very well. I determine to try changing the sound options the entire in excess off again, other than I feel like I have encompassed and exhausted all alternatives I seem to have a lot of options in the menu. In addition I had already have libsdl1.2debian-alsa installed.

All right, I had tried your settings. The similar thing, playback works just presently very well, I had just do not acquire any sound in the interface. I desire I knew what was faced up. Perhaps I will just presently wait for the final release and then I determine to reinstall the whole system from scratch.

My predicament is reversed. I have 100% working sounds through videos and music by utilizing HDMI, HDMI in the XBMC settings. Additional than no navigation sounds. If I apply several of the numerous instructions to generate an asoundrc (or /etc/asound.conf). I acquire the navigation sounds additional than the whole thing else breaks. Subsequent to setting the asoundrc. I have encompassed and tried the entire different settings in XBMC side containing the custom ones. My problem might be related to the fact that with the intention of I had installed fluxbox to acquire firefox launched commencing from the interface. My installation is manual, not the xbmcbuntu.

Actually, I in addition have a custom Linux box through ubuntu 11.10 on it. It's a minimal, just presently sufficient needed for the xbmc install. I have encompassed and changed my audio/past through settings to what the other users suggested, other than I tranquil have the similar problem. Audio works extremely well in video/mp3 other than I do not acquire several navigation sounds. I still not be able to figure out this problem, even though Eden is coming, and I determine to do a clean install anyway, I would like to be familiar with what's going on in my system.

The XBMC navigation sounds utilize OS defaulting audio apparatus. So if you have encompassed sound in additional applications similar user as working with xbmc you be supposed to in addition have sounds in xbmc. Requirement is that with the intention of it has been compiled through SDL hold up and libSDL-1.2* is present on your system. I have comprised and become aware of that, other than I was not sure what is causing that. I determine to check the properties, other than I have got libSDL-1.2debian-alsa installed. Perhaps it's pulseaudio, even though I do not remember installing it.