Thread: Media Center Component fails to load in Windows 7

Media Center Component fails to load in Windows 7

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I am facing problem with the media center in my computer. In my computer whenever I try to start media center at that time it says “A necessary component of windows media center did not start properly, restart windows media center.” please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Media Center Component fails to load in Windows 7

I am aware of this problem and I will first suggest you to try to solve this problem by removing the mediacenterdatastore.db file from your system and after removing that you have to try to load media center again in your computer and then check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. Same problem was occurred with my computer also and I was also not able to open windows media center in my computer. now after that I have deleted mediacenterdatastore.db from my computer and then when I have start the windows media center at that time problem get solved. to remove mediacenterdatastore.db from your system you have to open start menu and then type this %systemdrive%\programdata\microsoft\ehome. After typing that press enter and then remove the mediacenterdatastore.db. now after that start windows media center again and then problem will get solved.

if above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have can try to solve this problem by installing cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows 7 in your computer and after installing that in your computer your problem might get solved. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you want to install cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows 7 in your computer then you can get it from the official site of the Microsoft.

Or

you can also download the cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows 7 by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

You can try this solution to fix this problem. First you have to go to the control panel in your computer and after that you have to select the programs. After clicking on the programs you have to select turn windows features on and off option from the left pane of the window. Now after that you have to uncheck the media center option and then click on OK.

Now after doing that restart computer and then go to the turn windows features on and off option and then check media center option again and then click on OK.

I have removed mediacenterdatastore.db from my computer and then I have try to start media center in my computer and after trying that also I was getting same problem.

Now after that I have uncheck the media center from my computer and after that windows media features and after that I have restart the computer. now after that I have check media center option again but after doing that also problem does not get solved. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

According to me you should run SFC scan. It will detect corrupt file in your computer and after that it will replace all the corrupt files. I hope after running the SFC scan your problem will get solved. try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To run SFC scan you have to follow this steps.

• First you have to go to the start menu.
    • Now go to the all programs.
    • Select accessories.
    • Right click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Now you have to type sfc /scannow.
    • Press enter.

Yes I agree with the above solution. Many times by SFC scan fix this type of problem. I was also having same problem and after that I have trying to fix this problem by unchecking the media center option from the windows media features and checking it again but that does not helped me to solve this problem. Now after that I have run SFC command and then my problem get solved.

aakash tablet Guest

Mediacenter i the most resource hungry software and at the same time too buggy,