Thread: Can't play video on Windows Media Player 12

Can't play video on Windows Media Player 12

I had upgraded the edition of Windows Media Player. I updated it to Media Player 12. The upgrade was fine and then the system restarted after final installation. There was no error and upon reboot windows also downloaded some recent updates. I did not check what updates they were. Later on when I try to open some video files in it, I am getting a error on the screen. I had installed vlc in the system and the same video was working well. I searched on web and found this problem lies with codec. What are they and where can I found it.

You can get the codec pack from web. Many website offers a free download for the same. I had faced the same kind of issue with Windows 7. I thought the problem was with media player. But later on after updating fresh codecs thing went back to find. There is no issue at all. I can easily stream online videos. To some extent I found Windows Media Player a bit annoying. Compared to that VLC is much more better. You can find some related updates in windows update also and it really works well.

Yes that is a codec bug and there are chances to get fixed. If you are using Windows XP then you will need to download XP codec pack from web and if you are using Vista, then you will have to find Vista Codec pack. What I know that Windows Media Player plays wmv file more comfortably. There is no problem with that. At some point there is a audio bug in the player when you try to play without proper codec updates. A number of time windows update also works out automatically. You can find a third party decoder also on the web. There are ample of option available for the download.

re: Can't play video on Windows Media Player 12

thanks I have been trying it for a really long time.I have installed numerous players and even full version of nero to run a wmv file but all came useless.Thanks for saving my hours of installing new players and finally hours of net surfing came to be fruitfull.