Thread: Media player 11 not loading songs and cant add songs

Media player 11 not loading songs and cant add songs

I am facing a issue with Windows Media Player 11. There is some problem in loading songs. When I run it it does not loads any of the old songs. It does not remember any settings. I checked on web and found that this issue basically appears when the database of Media Player is corrupted. I am trying to rebuild the database but nothing is working. Any idea how to fix the issue.

You have to rebuild the database by deleting the old files. There is a xml files which has all record of songs and play list. You can find that in the local folders of your user profile. If still that does not help much then there is one more option you can try. you can try re-installing it back from scratch. That is one the best way to fix the issue. A number of time Windows update offers some more stability. It is recommended that you run a update and check once again.

Re: Media player 11 not loading songs and cant add songs

heyy folks I found the solution!!!!!!!!

when i was loosing songs with completely albums i just tried Neil Smith's Link was given in this forum(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../0089.mspx#EXC)

and carried out the instructions of"How can I create a new library?"
    I suggest u to carryout those instructions

After I pressed F3 button there was a Pop up window called "Add to Library"
    suddenly i got remember i selected a folder contains with songs with this Add to library i realized that all of those songs cannot be added to the"Recently Added section" so i removed the selection of the that folder ,then bingo all the songs can be added into the library

send your feed back

The second part of this worked for me. It has been bugging me for ages. Thank you so very much.

Hello, I have tried you above link and it appears to no longer exists. Can you help me on this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daveshear View Post
    Hello Neil, I have tried you above link and it appears to no longer exists. Can you help me on this? Thanks
    The link from the user is proper but it seems that the microsoft site has redirected it to some other content, since it will be no longer supported by them, thats why. Anyways, could you let us know what kind of problem you are facing so that we can find some proper solutions for you, which may be helpful.