Thread: dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I am trying to install Service Pack 2 file "dotnetfx35setup.exe" file and I am getting an error message continuously at the start of the installation process that states "dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I then downloaded another file from microsoft but am still getting the same error message. Was this problem was faced by anyone and how did they solve it in the end?

re: dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Can you please tell us what version of Media Center are you using? You might be getting that error due to a bad installation. You can try to use the .NET Cleanup tool that can be downloaded from here to completely remove all the Framework bits from your computer and then try to reinstall the .NET Framework 3.5 by downloading it from here - http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

re: dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I am using Media Center Edition 2005 version 5.1.2715.3011 and I will try to follow the steps that you have given and see that it fixes the issue for me.

Re: dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I get his error a number of times on my system. What does this actually means. I had downloaded a complete software and game pack from torrent. It in total 3 gb of data. The entire package has various setup files in it. I am here trying to install a few free games from it and whenever I double click on that it is giving me invalid win32 error. What does this error really stands for and how to get rid of this. I am trying to figure out what program or application in my system is causing the issue. I am not able to get any valid solution for the same.

Re: dotnetfx35setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

This error is common if you are trying to run a damage exe file. There are three possible cause of the problem. First if in your system the file system is corrupt or damage. This also affect windows performance. You will need to fix Windows installer for the same. You can launch cmd and run sfc /scannow and hit enter. This process will scan your system and will replace damage system files from the same. The second thing you can try is run system restore. This is the best way to restore recent changes and make it appropriate. And the last option is to run regsvr32 / i SHELL32.DLL to re-registry the dll files.