Thread: FM Radio using Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion 9250F

FM Radio using Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion 9250F

I have got HP Pavilion Elite laptop that has a built in TV tuner card. As per the document that came with this computer, I am suppose to watch a live TV program and also play FM radio one at a time. So, I have set up TV signale to watch a live TV connected to an outdoor antenna, but I am not able to play the FM radio. If I try to play the same then FM radio setup window will pop up with a message that says "Before using FM Radio, the radio tuner must be set up. To set up the radio tuner, you must go through TV tuner setup." So, when I setup TV tuner then the TV signal configuration will show "1 tuner detected and configured. Additional tuners were detected but will not be configured because either they do not have a matching TV signal or any TV signal at all." Can anyone please help in this scene.

Re: FM Radio using Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion 9250F

I think that the tuner card that you have is a hybrid tuner that means it cannot currently receive from both TV and FM. If this is the scenario then Media Center will only allow you to configure one tuner signal type and you will be able to configure either analog TV or perhaps the digital TV or FM.

Dude's! I was having the same trouble with my Pavilion Elite m9350f. I had a digital antenna and FM antenna hooked up but no FM in Media Center. I found this forum and read through the postings and out of the blue I decided to add an antenna to the remaining Analog antenna input (which was not previously hooked up) with the cheap wire one that came with the PC and ran through the TV set up again. There was no visible difference in the set up so I thought it wasn't going to work, but when I pulled up the FM radio it had all the controls I was lacking before (PRESET/SEEK/TUNE) and now I'm listening to Edgar Winters " Frankenstien". So to sum up, hook up all antenna inputs (digital, analog, fm). Run the tv channel setup. Listen to FM!
    I'm as happy as a clam, I hope this works for you as well

Re: FM Radio using Vista Home Premium on HP Pavilion 9250F

I also had the same problem with my HP d5000z running WMC on Vista.

With the help of these posts, I was able to tinker and get it fixed. But, I did it a little differently.

I selected "manual configuration", "antenna", and "analog only". It went on to ask me if my digital antenna was [also] connected. I picked "yes" and that did it! HORRAY!!!

Now I get all the analog OTA channels (albeit with bad reception, but I don't care about that) AND now I get the OTA HDTV channels TOO! So, the guide has a bunch of channels like 6, 12, 17, etc, and I had to scroll down to see my OTA HDTV channels, e.g. 1061, 1081, 1121, etc. And now the radio works! Listening to classical station in the background right now! WOOHOO!