Thread: Windows Messenger error message in media center

Windows Messenger error message in media center

Whenever I try to start a chat in Windows Media Center I am getting a error. It gives a error saying messenger failure and it does not move ahead. There is a messenger installed in the system and still it ask for its installation. I am not able start any chat. I am using the computer from long time and this problem appeared recently.

It looks Media Center is unable to detect the messenger. I had faced the same issue a time before on Media Center. I was using a extender on that. It keep on asking me to install Messenger still if it was installed. This happened after installing windows update. And before that everything was working well. I am not at all sure that rolling back those update or removing the same can offer a much better output. Or it can fix the problem.

I had removed the old updates and then it started working back again. In my setup there was some updates which were pending to install. After when everything goes well I found that the TV was unable to give any display. I thought the problem was with the connectivity and later on checked out all the settings which where proper. The last thing I did is performed system restore and after a few while things went back to normal.

Office'02 XP and Word Update '02 Error Messages?

I think I have a similar problem. I started mid August with Word and Office XP error message 0x80070641. I get 'do you want to install" when shutting down and say yes each time but it keeps coming up every time I shut down. I have downloaded both directly at microsoft site but neither will install. Not sure what you mean by Message Centre - sorry, I am a technical neophyte. Nor do I understand clicking OK. I have Service Pack 3 on my system if that is of any help. Any ideas from anyone? I have a Reinstallation CD Microsoft Window XP Home Edition Including Serivce Pack 2 from Dell dated 2004 but do not have original CD as I moved recently.

There are tons of errors with Windows Media Center especially when you are using it on Vista. Somehow the problem lies with incompatible internal files. It had tried to install many stuff but nothing worked out well. I am sure there will be some kind of options available that can fix the issue.