Thread: wmpnetwk.exe cpu usage

wmpnetwk.exe cpu usage

I am using a Xbox 360 and have set it up on the same network along with my computer so that I can stream media to the gaming console. I followed the instructions for the installation but after everything was installed, when the xbox is not turned on, then the wmpnetwk.exe program is running continuously and using all the cpu's virtually. So, after when I stop the .exe from running by going into taks manager, then it will restart within seconds. I am using Windows Media Player 11 and have a Pentium 4 Cpu. Can anybody help me out? Thanks

RE: wmpnetwk.exe cpu usage

It sounds to be an issue related to WMP 11's ability or inability to handle .avi files. Also, it seems that there might be a problem to detect where .avi files end, incase they are corrupted or in the process of being downloaded. Open Windows Media Player and then right click on top menu bar and then go to file and then Add to library. You will see the list of folders that WMP checks to find new media files. These library folders are the places that you can browse if you are looking for media files via the media tab on the xbox 360.

Its Also To Do With Windows Media Center As I Noticed

Did you try to set Media Center to update from all files on the hard drive, for example, like my local disk C: I accidentally did this and then it shot up which is what I notices in the video area of the xbox dashboard which is showing access to my local disk C: drive. So what i did then was to uninstall the extender and then reinstall it again and get rid of all the settings to check the local disk C: drive.