Thread: Can't play DVD's

Can't play DVD's

This is the first time I’m trying to play any DVD with Windows Media Player. When I inserted DVD and tried playing, it generated an error message saying:

“Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings”

Well I tried changing the settings as mentioned in error but that dint helped. Can you guys please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't play DVD's

In order to play the DVDs you need to get DVD codecs. Windows Media Player doesn’t have those codec installed by default. Just Google for Klite codex, download and install the same. Once done, try playing the DVDs/. Hopefully you wont be getting any error message again.

Re: Can't play DVD's

I was having the same problem couple of weeks ago and a guy suggest me this:

Reinstall the Monitor in Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager; Choose Monitors, <monitor name>, double click to show Properties then Driver, then Update Driver...

Well, I did the same and fortunately the problem disappeared. You can give it a try as well. It may work for you as well.