Thread: Won't Play Internet radio Broadcast

Won't Play Internet radio Broadcast

I use to listen Radio in Windows Media Player on this same PC running Vista. I was out for a last week and now when I try to play the same radio station I get the error message saying “the protocol is not supported”. I don’t understand what is meant by this error. As a workaround I thought to upgrade WMP but it says it is up to date.

Then what else could be the problem. Any idea what has went wrong in a week that is creating error while playing the radio station? How can I fix it?

Re: Won't Play Internet radio Broadcast

I don’t kow what could be the reason but I found a step that could fix your problem. I think you should make windows media player to rebuild its data base. You can do this by deleting Wmsdkns.xml file located under C:\Users\Userame\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media\11.0 folder. Also just ensure that the user account that is using Windows Media Player has Modify permissions for the Wmsdkns.xml file.

Too late but thanks for replying buddy, actually I lost my hope that someone will reply to this. Anyway, I tried your steps but that dint helped. I also went through all steps mentioned in this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940029 but when i try registering Wmnetmgr.dll file as mentioned in that article, I get an error message saying “Error code 0x8002801c”

Can you provide some suggest for this?

Don’t worry friend, you can also register wmnetmgr.dll from the command prompt as well. Just open command prompt as an administrator and register the file.