Thread: UNABLE TO REFRESH MUSIC LIBRARY IN WMP11

Unable To Refresh Music Library In Wmp11

I have transferred My Music folder form one machine to another, before that i had renamed Music folder as Music-old on my first system and had copied files from My Music of the second system in first. Currently i have deleted My Music-old folder but now when i try to play songs in windows media player 11 than i am not able to refresh the music library, there are many duplicate music tracks from My Music-old folder even when they are not in my system anymore. I have simply tried uninstalling and reinstalling media player but that's not making any difference and i can still see the duplicate music tracks from My Music-old folder. If i try to play those sings than i get a message saying "Track is missing". I am just running out of idea now, so if anyone is aware of any solution that might help me out than please let me know, it will be highly appreciated.

Re: Unable To Refresh Music Library In Wmp11

First check the settings of rip folder and monitor folder, if you see any folder that is of no use to you than remove them. After that go in to the navigation pane, expand folders and delete the the ones that you don't need. In case that doesn't make any difference in your case than you can open task manager, kill all processes related to windows media player, delete the library and preform rescan.

Re: UNABLE TO REFRESH MUSIC LIBRARY IN WMP11

I am not sure but i guess your old database is still thinking that it is having deleted stuffs. If it is so than you can delete the folder at C:\Documents and Settings\<&current user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player. Once you do that windows media player wont look for old files and will carry out a fresh scan. Just try it out and let me know if that helps.