Thread: Online radio won't play

Online radio won't play

This is Windows XP computer with WMP 11. There is an online radio website that I use to play in my office and it works very fine. But when I try playing the same on this home computer, it cannot play. I tried opening the site on both latest Firefox and Internet Explorer, but none of them are able to stream the radio.

Am sure the problem is somewhere related to Windows Media Player itself but not able to figure out. I have installed all required codecs but still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Online radio won't play

I’ve faced such problem many times earlier on my XP computer as well but now I found a trick that plays the radio for sure. It is bit tricky but if want you can try out as well. Here we go.

First of all open the URL of the Radio station on any browser, right click any blank space on the site and select source code. Now scroll down below in source page until you find a code something like this:
    <object type="video/x-ms-wmv"
    width="220" height="220" VIEWASTEXT>
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
    <param name="src" value="mms://136.142.210.30/test">
    <param name="autostart" value="true">
    <param name="volume" value="0">
    </object>
    Here we have the thing what we required, that is mms://136.142.210.30/test in my case from the above code. Save it in notepad on your desktop because you will need it ahead in this process. Now in my case I have the early 6 series WMP installed. Go to Start > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Program Files > Windows Media Player. If your computer has the early player installed, it will have an icon labeled mplayer2.exe with an icon of a click board with colored numbers 321. If you double click on this icon, it will bring up a 6 version WMP, version 6.4.9.1125 in my case. Then enter the url for the audio you found that starts with mms. You can do this by clicking on File > Open. Now enter the URL you copied in notepad and click OK.

Re: Online radio won't play

Wow, thanks a lot buddy for sharing such a core tweak and helping me. It really works. I also tried doing it with VLC and guess what, the trick also work in VLC as well.

Thank you very much.