Thread: How to find or add Album Info on Windows Media Player 11

How to find or add Album Info on Windows Media Player 11

I have a set of mp3 CD's. They are quiet old and I had copied them all to my hard drive. I want to keep a backup. I had merged them and copy all the songs on a single DVD file. But there is no album info available on any song. I am playing them on Windows Media Player 11 and it appear as blank while on the CD I use to get the album image. I tried to click on Find Album info but found nothing.

You can embed the album as per your need. But for that you have to again burn the disc. There are chances that for some old songs it would be not easy to find album info. There are number of mp3 tag editors that allow you to add information in the song with images.

It is a bit annoying that Media Player comes with very limited feature of adding info to the music files. But fortunately there are some set of other tools that can guide you for what you are looking for. There are number of different album editors which help you to add more info on the songs and then you can burn them as per your choice.

re: How to find or add Album Info on Windows Media Player 11

Have to disagree. WMP is now using FAI Music. States that it is through Microsoft. The location states " fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com " as plain as daylight on the edit section. WMP NEEDS to go back to Gracenote. FAI has wrong information on the same exact CD that Gracenote has the correct information. Not only that, but, with Gracenote, you can make the edit and it will be SAVED!!!

re: How to find or add Album Info on Windows Media Player 11

I can tell you a real easy work around. When ripping a CD disconnect from the internet. No information is better than the wrong info.