Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Xbox 360 won't see my PC, but my PC can see my Xbox 360

Re: My Xbox 360 won't see my PC, but my PC can see my Xbox 360

Try some other media servers. There are plenty of free tools available. A third party media server comes with all file sharing settings that you need. There is no need to make changes in Vista.

I was having same problems until I tried something. If your pc/laptop is wireless try using a Ethernet cable from your pc/laptop to your modem.My xbox is wireless and so is my pc and tried using the Ethernet cable rather then wireless and it worked straight away and then tried again wireless and it wouldn't worked. Your xbox doesn't need the Ethernet cable to the modem but it does from your pc to your modem. It worked for me anyways, don't really understand it but it worked.

You can use the following steps to check if this solution will help you with your issue.

1.Restart your computer before beginning.
    2.Left click on "Start"
    3.Left click on "Control Panel"
    4.Left click on "Administrative Tools"
    5.Left click on "Event Viewer"
    6.In the left side of the menu, left click on "System"
    7.In the right pane look for red "X's". If you see one with "WMPNetworkService" then there's a good chance this applies to you.
    I see the red "X"s!
    Alright, use the next steps to try to fix the issue. Please read all the steps first so you know what to expect. Again, if you are not confident in using these options or the command line prompt, please ask for help!

1.Left click on "Start"
    2.Left click on "Run"
    3.Type in "regedit" to open the Registry Editor. BE CAREFUL IN THE REGISTRY! We are not going to change anything, just look.
    4.In the left pane navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DRM.
    5.In the right pane left double-click on "DataPath"
    6.The value you will see in the right column is the location of your DRM database. Typically its something like "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM". Remember this value.
    7.Close the Registry Editor.
    a.Due to some complications it is best to do the next part in the DOS Shell
    8.Left click on "Start"
    9.Left click on "Run"
    10.Type in "cmd" to open the DOS Shell
    11.Type is "cd thevalueofthedatapathfromstep6abovewithouttheDRMpiece"....or using the value listed in step 6 as an example "cd C:\Documents and Settings\All Users"
    12.Type "rmdir /S DRM"
    13.Type "mkdir DRM"
    14.Type "Exit" to close the DOS Shell
    a.Do the next steps in Internet Explorer because an ActiveX control will be used that only IE can handle. This will not work with Mozilla, etc....
    15.Navigate to the website "http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp"
    16.Install the ActiveX control when prompted
    17.An active "Upgrade" button should appear in the middle of the screen. Left click on it.
    18.Follow the process to install.
    19.Once complete, reboot the PC.
    20.Once the PC is completely booted your XBOX 360 should now be able to see your PC.

Domination, Matt. Thanks dude. I've been slogging through forums and posts for two days. I used your fix on a Win 7 32bit. It was a little rough going, cause Xp and Win 7 use a slightly different file structure. But thank you worked great. Not only did my PC immediately show up on the 360 but that problem whatever the hell it was disabled my PC to PC networks in the house. I kind of figured it worked when I rebooted and all my other PC's were right where they should be :-) And from all the research I did trying to fix it, this is a big problem. Good old Microsoft, don't post a thread anywhere that says, " here this will take 10 freekin' minutes and all your shits fixed". No they'd rather have us trying 25 different fixes that don't do a damn thing, and hope you get lucky and run across your post. Sorry rambling :-) Well thanks again brother good job.

I can now get my Xbox to see the files on my computer, but AVI files (extracted from Camcorder tape using Windows Movie maker) that play fine on the Vista PC from Windows Media Player and in Windows Media Center refuse to be played on Xbox due to a Codec error

"Can't play this content because it may not be supported"
    Status code: 69-C00D36BE

Any help is appreciated ?

Tversity plays them, but running Tversity on PC uses up CPU 100%.

Anyone have any success doing this with the xbox 360 s?

Quote Originally Posted by wmubtyler View Post
    Anyone have any success doing this with the xbox 360 s?
    Have you tried entering it's subnet mask and ip address also. You can obtain that from the xbox menu system. Then type it under the IP address on the PC and connect it accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja-x View Post
    Have you tried entering it's subnet mask and ip address also. You can obtain that from the xbox menu system. Then type it under the IP address on the PC and connect it accordingly.
    I have not tried that. I lost my last xbox due to the rings of death which connected to my computer just fine. Instead of fixing an old, loud, sketchy xbox I figured buying a new one was the way to go. Figuring it would connect right away which hasn't been the case. Now I have one dead xbox and one I want to make dead. I love Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by nav2004 View Post
    I can now get my Xbox to see the files on my computer, but AVI files (extracted from Camcorder tape using Windows Movie maker) that play fine on the Vista PC from Windows Media Player and in Windows Media Center refuse to be played on Xbox due to a Codec error

"Can't play this content because it may not be supported"
    Status code: 69-C00D36BE

Any help is appreciated ?

Tversity plays them, but running Tversity on PC uses up CPU 100%.
    i had this issue and was struggling for ages as I had installed the codec pack and it wasn't happening to all files, only some. I then realised that there was a pattern with the files that wouldn't play, and it was ones with long filenames. I shortened a few of the known problematic files and the xbox played them fine from my D Link NAS device. Ive since updated my entire library and have had no issues since. May be worth a try

I had the same problem too.

And I fixed it, Here's how.

I have a D-link router DIR-825 and a bridge DAP-1522 that my XBox is connected too.

No need port forwarding for this to work.

Login to your router and go to ADVANCE TAB & SELECT FIREWALL SETTING.
    -Enable SPI: [UNCHECKED]
    -UDP & TCP Endpoint Filtering: [Endpoint Independent]
    -Enable anti-spoof checking: [UNCHECKED]
    -Enable DMZ: [CHECKED]
    -DMZ IP Address: [Select your computer name from the list on the right and click on the arrow on the left it will copie paste the IP in the left box]
    -Application Level Gateway: [All Checked]

I hope that will solve the issue for many user, the media player feature on the XBOX is great.

There is one thing that you can try out here. First click on Start and then in the run box type services.msc. Here just check that SSDP Discovery Service is set to automatic or not. You can right click on that and choose the option. You can also run the service if you want. Once done just reboot your system once and then go in your gaming console. Check that your pc is shown or not. You will also have to set Universal Plug and Play Device Host and windows Media Player Network Sharing Service on automatic mode.

It is due to some improper network sharing. For that go in Network in your Pc and then click on Network and sharing center. Click on Manager Network connections. Once done right click on your network connection and choose properties. In the right that you have to check that all the options here are enabled. Tick the check boxes and restart your Xbox console. Now check the console that your pc is detected or not.

My Xbox 360 wont see my PC but my PC can see my Xbox 360

im getting halo 4 and i have borderlands 2 my gamertag is TGWxN1NJAzZ feel free to add me but im only on some times in the day but im mostly on css but add me anyway ill except when i ever go on xbox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12