Thread: media usage rights acquisition error

media usage rights acquisition error

I have some netflix DVD's and i am not able to run them in windows media player. I get an error message saying "You do not have the rights to play this file.Go to the contents provider's Web site to find out how to obtain the necessary play rights."
    I don't have any issue in playing same dvd on my TV , it seems as if there is something wrong with windows media player but i am not sure about it plays other dvd well.

Re: media usage rights acquisition error

I am aware of the above error and i will like to inform you that the rights to the content are issued by content provider. In case they are not issuing license for their content any more, you wont be able to play the content. In order to get better idea better contact contents provider's Web site and check out that they have to say about it.

Can you tell us what is the Windows Media Player version that you have installed in your computer? I would recommend you to go at this link - http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp on Internet Explorer browser and then click on the Upgrade button to solve the issue. You might need some security components of your digital media player so that you can play the protected files on your pc.

Can you check whether some options are checked within Windows Media Player? Just open WMP and then go to Options > Privacy > Enhanced Playback > Device Experience and then see to it that "Download Usage rights automatically when I play or sync a file" and "Automatically check if protected files need to be refreshed" options are checked. You can give it a shot and let us know if it worked for you.