Thread: Media Player 11... no sound for audio codec 9 mono, but fine for stereo??

Media Player 11... no sound for audio codec 9 mono, but fine for stereo??

Windows media player in my system is not able to play sound for the video via web page or saved. I have checked out for audio codec but it seems as if there is no audio codec for it. I want to know if can try out anything to fix this issue, Should i try reinstalling Windows media player???

I will suggest you to download DFX from here. There are some people who were running in to same issue after installing update for windows Media Player 11 but after downloading DFX they were able to get it working as it was. Just give it a shot and let me know if it ends the issue in your case as well, best of luck.

No Mono Audio WMP11

Even i am looking for help here, my system has installed some updates and have updated my Media Player to 11 with some security
    patches. Since than i am not able to listen mono audio. I don't have any issue in watching any video or listening stereo sound but i am not able to make out what went wrong with Mono Audio. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Media Player, i have tried updating all codecs to the latest versions but i still cannot listen mono audio. I don't know what to do, since uninstalling and reinstalling Media Player has not made any difference in my case, i doubt if system restore will help. What do you think, what should i try further??

First try removing all third party codecs that you might have installed and cross check if windows media player works fine after that. If it doesn't than better try performing system restore, just make sure that you are restoring to a point when you were not having any issue with media player. I don't think there might be any other solution that can help you in this case.