Thread: My library is gone! "There are no items in this library yet"

My library is gone! "There are no items in this library yet"

I need some help to fix Windows Media Player library issue. I am not able to find any songs listing in that. I am using Windows Media Player 11 on Windows XP. There are more than 1000 tracks in it. The current library size is higher than 200MB. I am using the same from years and yet it was working fine. But something happened and the library is missing. I lost all the track listing. I do not understand how this disappear suddenly.

The library is not deleted. It looks that it is corrupted. You must search for wmdb in your system. This is the database file which has index of all tracks in your system. I always keep the backup of library. It is complicated to list all the tracks back if they are in huge number. Try to find the database file first and then re-install Windows Media Player. You can also upgrade that to the newer edition and then reload the library file.

I had here already tried a number of different things to get rid of this issue. My wmp database is also corrupted which cause all listing disappeared. The library file is corrupted and there is no way to fix it. You must try to load the same library in different user account and then see whether it works or not.

I think it is corrupted and there is no way to fix it back. You had mentioned quiet a large library file. This file once gone cannot be repaired. Try to find a relative software that can help you to fix corrupt library files.

Hae all, Had the same problem. And without my music, I get a lil grumpy lol. For the lack of caring about anything but my music, I did a search under Documents and Settings for "*.wmdb" and deleted every result, that was my quick fix, I don't really care much for my ratings. Nor much for reading heaps. Once I found that the Cache was the problem. I deleted it, My first attempt was to delete every folder named "Media Player", But I missed one, The one that mattered lol.If anyone wants a quick fix, Just search your computer (Preferably under your profile) for "*.wmdb" and delete all the results, Done. It works. Now just go add media, and it loads

Try to copy the file first somewhere else and then go with any changes. I will advice you to check the version of Windows Media Player. If it is upgraded then you must revert the old changes back. Try to install the old edition and then see whether it works or not. Atleast if you can keep a backup with you there will be chances of recovering the same.