Thread: 0xC00D1163: A problem occurred with digital copyright protection

0xC00D1163: A problem occurred with digital copyright protection

I have a dvd and when i try to play it in windows media player i get error code: 0xC00D1163 saying "Windows media player can not play dvd because a problem has occurred with the digital copyright protection". I don't any issue in playing the same dvd with other DVD player but it is just with windows media player. Any ideas what might be wrong???

Re: 0xC00D1163: A problem occurred with digital copyright protection

I have checked about it and have found that error code: 0xC00D1163 saying "Windows media player can not play dvd because a problem has occurred with the digital copyright protection" occurs when below conditions are true.
    • You might be using tv out on your video card and your video card might be supporting dual view mode for dvd playback only.
    • You might be using Component Out from your video card/breakout box/dongle
    • You might be having file mpgdec.ax on your system
    • You might be having one MPEG-2 decoder installed in your system from which one might not do CSS.

The error can be also due to a damage or corrupt file. You have to checkout the same first. There can be some damage file which is causing the issue. For the first thing you can do is run chkdsk. The scanning process will take some but will give you proper results. The second thing you have to do is use a good antivirus software and scan your entire system. If there is any threat in your pc it will be resolved. Most of the time infected things in the pc cause problem and creates issue with system stability. Just go ahead with full system scan under safe mode. This will be more effective.

Just for testing purpose whether the video which you are trying to play is proper or not use a different video player software. You can try Media Player classic. This tool is free and can play variety of audio/video format with ease. So just install this in your system and run the same. See whether it is working fine or not. If the video is working then the problem is with Windows Media Player. The dvd or video encoder require to run that video is damage or is not able to give proper information about the file. And you are getting that copyright error.