Thread: getting green screen when playing videos on some website

getting green screen when playing videos on some website

I am trying to play some video clips from some website but I am getting green screen while watching it. I am able to hear the sound but unable to view the video. All this thing started recently and before it was working fine. If I open Windows Media Player then I can play the save videos without any issues. Is there any fix for this problem, thanks.

re: getting green screen when playing videos on some website

What is the operating system you are using and what is the media player version as well installed in your computer? From which internet browser are you trying to play video clips from the website? Is it updated to the latest version as well? Have you also updated the video drivers in your system, try uninstalling and reinstalling the same and see if that works.

Can you try to open Windows Media Player and then go to its Tools and then Options and then Performance and then Advanced. After that see to it whether there is a tickbox for "Enable overlays", try to just uncheck it and then restart windows media player and then try to open the website and see if there are any changes?

I am using a Gateway machine which is running on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed on my computer. The Windows Media Player version is 11 and I am using Internet Explorer 7 on my pc. I have also unticked the overlay box but still that didnt do anything, have the same problem. Is there any other solution for this issue? Thanks for the replies.

Problem Solved

Even I had the same problem but I have resolved the green screen issue by changing the video acceleration to None. I am also using Windows Media Player 11 version. To do the same I went to Library and then more options and then Performance then slid the Video Acceleration to the left side which was set to none and everything worked like a charm.