Thread: "Connect to burner?"

"Connect to burner?"

Need some urgent help form you all. This is Windows Xp computer with Windows Media Player 11. Since today morning I am trying to burn a CD but not succeeded yet because of an error occurring every time when I try to burn, it says “Connect to burner and restart Player.”

I don’t know what exactly is it telling me to do. Anyways, I tried getting some help from internet but none of them worked. I have spent half of the day with this but yet stuck with the same error. Can anyone here please help me out?

Many thanks.

RE: "Connect to burner?"

Hello Federline, You are not alone with this error buddy, count me in. The only difference is you have spent half of the day whereas am trying to fix it since past 20 days. Infact many times I trying reverting back to Windows Media Player 10 hoping it could fix the problem as I have seen many WMP 11 users facing several problems, but the system wont even allow me to revert back.

Somebody please help us.

RE: "Connect to burner?"

Well it seems like the problem is related with a service called “IMAPI CD-Burning COM”. This is the one that manages all burning and CD recording stuffs. So you need to check your service management if this service is running problem. Because you may get those problem if it is stopped. To do that, just follow these steps:

• Click Start, Setting, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance.
    • Administrative Tools, then Services.
    • Scroll down to the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service", right click it and click Properties.
    • Under "General" tab, set the "Startup Type" to "Manual", click "Apply". Then click "Start" on the left corner. Briefly, you should see a small window saying, "Window is attempting to start IMAPI", which will automatically close.
    • Press OK.
    • Reboot the computer.
    • Start WMP and go under "Burn" tab. Your burner should be showing there.

Re: "Connect to burner?"

I just encountered this exact problem after I uninstalled msn messenger. .any connection there?

Re: "Connect to burner?"

My laptop came with WMP 11 already installed and I've had it for a year now and it's never shown this message before until a few days ago. I hadn't downloaded anything suspicious or deleted anything that would effect WMP.

I also followed your steps, but my Services don't show that I have "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service".
    I'm also not so smart with computer talk, but I'll try to comprehend the best I can ^^;

Please help?
    *Trips and something blows up*.... Oops...