Thread: C00D2AFB ERROR CODE

C00d2afb Error Code

I am trying to purchase a song via MSN Music but i don't know for what reason my Windows Media Player is not getting recognized and i am simply getting redirected to Media Player 11. I have tried installing Media Player 11 but then i am getting C00D2AFB ERROR CODE. I don't know what that means and i don't have much idea about it as well. I have tried searching for information related to it but i haven't found anything. Is there anything i can do to purchase my songs via MSN Music or to install Media Player 11???

Re: C00D2AFB ERROR CODE

If you have received the above error message while installing Windows Media Player 11 than i guess your installation might have got interrupted by something. Have you tried installing it again?? If you haven't that reproduce the error, reboot your system and try installing it again. In case you get the same error again than you can delete c:\windows\wmsetup.log file and try installing it again. If at all you face any issue after that that just let me know about the error you see in wmsetup.log for further help.

I will suggest you to uninstall it completely first and than install it. There is no point in installing it over and over again. Juts uninstall it, reboot your system,install it reboot your system and cross check if it works fine. If you get ant error while reinstalling it than you can post it here for further help.

I don't to take the risk of uninstalling it and reinstalling it, i don't know but i am getting a feeling that if ill uninstall it than i wont be able to install it again. For now I have tried installing it again after deleting wmsetup.log and below are the error that generated in wmsetup.log. after the unsuccessful installation.

ERROR: Failed to start service: 'wmpnetworksvc'. Result: 0x42c.
    ERROR: WMC_CopyFile: Could not find source file
    'C:\PROGRA~1\WINDOW~2\WMPNS.jar'. Error: '0x80070002'.
    WMC_CopyFile: File 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpns.dll' is newer than the
    version to be installed. No copy will occur.

What does that mean?? do you have any idea about it????

As far as i am aware 0x42c is "service dependency could not be started". In order to run it requires Universal Plug and Play Device Host, HTTP SSL, and SSDP Discovery service running. So just cross check, make sure that they are running and try installing media player after that.

Yes, those services are running but i am still getting the same error while installing media player 11. I don't have any issue with media player but there is simply a need for updating it to 11 for purchasing song via MSN Music. Is there anything else that i can try out further guys???? this error is getting in to my nerves now.

Try below trick and let me know if it work out for you.
    • Restart your system and run the run the setup installer but than simply leave it waiting on the first dialog
    • Now Go to start, click on run type %temp%, click on ok and check out for ixp000.tmp directory
    • Once you get it check for wmp11.exe in there, copy and paste it to your desktop and close the installer
    • After that run wmp11.exe directly and check out it it gets installed or not.

I followed your solution prash_mate but after running the wmp11.exe directly i got an error message saying "Access is denied". I simply clicked on ok and than it "wmp11 installation did not complete. Select 'OK' to undo the changes that have been made." After clicking on ok again removal wizard started but in between it came up with another message saying this:

"C:\documents and settings\"MY USER ACCOUNT"\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.tmp refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location."

what should i do now??????????

I think there is something wrong with your registry because of which you are not able to install windows media player 11 over 10. I want to know if you are able to set/change the registry values under:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\KB911565. If yes than go through the registry and reset permissions for all entries having "KB911565" in them and try installing media player 11.

Hey karma you were a life saver, i just tried out your trick and i have installed windows media player 11 successfully without any issues. I did not had any issue in purchasing song via MSN Music as well, thanks for all your help.