Thread: error COOD10D1

error COOD10D1

I have downloaded Windows Media Audio/Video file of 1.08mb for windows media player 10 in my system running windows xp today. My problem is that when i am trying to run it than i am getting error COOD10D1 saying "A codec is required to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help". If i click on Web Help than it suggests me to download Windows Media Video 7 codec from WMPlugins.com Web site. I have tried downloading it but i ma still not able to play those files. I don't know what to do, any help will be appreciated.

Re: error COOD10D1

I have found "A codec is required to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web" to be listed in below trouble shooting guide.
    You receive a codec error message, or audio plays but video does not play when you play media files in Windows Media Player 11
    You can try out the troubleshooting mentioned for fixing the error, best of luck.

It is a codec error. To fix the same you will require appropriate codec for Widows Media Player in-order to play the file. Or else it will not work. You can download the same from web and install it in your system. For finding the right codec you can also try using Windows Update. You can run that and it will find the appropriate file. Or you can try using Media Player Classic. This is the best media player that is capable of playing almost all kind of video and music files. It is not limited to any kind of audio/video format. So just try to use this one.

Windows Media Player seriously has issue with various video file format. I always get some error. At-last I switched to VLC which is quiet better and simple. It works really nicely and has no performance issue. It is capable of reading all kind of video formats. There is no error on the screen when I try to run mkv or any type of video formats. I had tested various audio and video files on the same. It worked fine. I will recommend to all to switch to vlc. It does not really need any extra codecs. It works nicely with almost all video format.