Thread: Which one is better between Songbird & KM Player

Which one is better between Songbird & KM Player

I am looking for a good media player for my pc. I found the two recommended as good on many website .One os Songbird and other one is KM Player. I am using VLC but I do not find it so effective. When I play HD movies of 1080p on the same the video lags a lot. I tried to update the video driver also but that did not worked. I think there is some issue with the player itself. I need a nice player through which I can manage audio and video as well. I am having a huge collection of multimedia files here.

Re: Which one is better between Songbird & KM Player

You are getting the lagging issue in vlc due to outdated coded. I will recommend you to upgrade the player and then test it back. It is quiet beneficial according to me. Just go on web and download the fresh version of VLC and then test it back. I think that will be more helpful.

Go for Songbird. It is a nice media player based. But it is designed on VLC. And also the developer has used Mozilla engine on the same. So that is why you get online streaming benefit on the same. The media player comes with radio streaming support. I think it is Shoutcast. While there are ample of common media player options you can find in it. It is more organized. I was using this in my office that worked really well and has no issue with the performance. Additional options offered by the tool is is playlist function. You can also upload your songs and create your own set of library that allows you to choose the best song when needed. This media player simply offers you a complete set of different kind of add-ons through managing media is more easier. Like you can simply separately add a album art on the player itself or you can use another addon to sync the songs with your digital music player. The player also read sup protected music. This is a loaded media player with great option which are must to try. Even after being so much features it has a very simplified interface with simple navigation tabs. You can also bookmarks the favorite channel here and if you want you can a subscribe to some also.

I will also recommend you to with Songbird. Just go on the web and download the most latest version of the media player. The new one here comes with more better compatibility features. It works well with Windows 7 and additional encoding videos option. One more new feature here is synchronization with smartphones.

KM player is also not bad at all. But still I will recommend you to stick with VLC. This is the only media player in the market that can read almost anything. While KM player just stands next to it. It is also capable of reading any kind of multimedia format in your system. The only difference here is that VLC give a very basic and poor GUI. While compare to that KMPlayer has more better interface where you can add more skins. It is just a matter of taste. But KM Player is a really popular media player in the market. It supports you a number of feature compare to VLC. There are numerous features in the tool. For example you can simply capture an image from live video or you can extract the audio also. It is also possible to extract a video easily. It is a type of advance media player. Also you can simply zoom and pan videos if you want. The format that I found works well on the same is AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, GMO, MPEG 1/2, etc. You can also play flv on the same. And also in terms of performance it is more better in vlc.

I am using Windows Media Player from long time and found it is really effective. You can just load up all the songs on the same and then keep on playing in the background. But it is a bit freezing in hd video. I think for that vlc is more better here.

The interface of Songbird is simply as as Apple iTunes. It is more better in look. Both players are good in their place. Being open source SongBird is free. The software is available in fifty-eight different languages. So that you can choose the one you want. This is a bit effective for those also who are looking it in different language. OS compatibility is also great here. It is a cross platform tool which works majorly in all type of system. I had used many free tools like Windows Media Player or VLC. But compare to them I found Songbird more better. It is an kind of ideal choice for large music and video collection. One of the important features of this tool is that the user can customize the player. There aer hundreds of add-ons available from the official site. There is hardly any media player available that offers you so much in customization. Also the users is notified on new songs. The tools also offer online songs and you can download them directly in the library.

I am using Winamp here. I am using it from long time. The application is great but it is not getting instant upgrades. It still lies in the same old format. I found the new one more better. It is great for those who loves Internet radio. The search here has been more simplified. While if talk about the design then it is more improved and better. The Winamp team here gives the best recommendation automatically.