Thread: Audio drags and pauses when wifi is turned on

Audio drags and pauses when wifi is turned on

When Wifi is turned on my laptop, the audio drags and pauses when playing. No matter what music file I use whether in pandora or windows media player, the issue is the same. I have installed the realtek software for audio control. The problem usually happens when wifi is turned on, browsing and checking mail. Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Audio drags and pauses when wifi is turned on

I think that you should change the pci wifi adapter. You can try the usb adapter but I don’t think that it could get a good signal strength. Moreover I hope that you installed an OS without modification. You should try to get the latest drivers that might be available. If not, you may download them from windows update. I never had problem with this. May be your Bluetooth adapter is faulty.

The WiFi card always causes problem when it is placed or it comes in contact with the heavy EMI (Electromagnetic interference), similar to a Radio station, big magnets or heavy duty motors/alternators. However, there could be additional problems. I would recommend you to push up the CPU Voltage to 1.5V as well as the memory voltage to 2.8V. For that you can refer to any quick guide.

It may be interference on the frequency of the router. For this sometimes you just need to change the transmission channel and everything returns to default properties. Otherwise it can be due to some external or nearby devices that disturbs the transmission channel of the router, or it could be due to the router cmq. I would try a firmware update.

Have you tried to download the latest version of the driver for WIFI and sound card?

If you have Windows 7, you'll hear the sound without the need to install the driver, but you'll have to install Wi-Fi driver so that it could work. See whether there is any registry corrupted or changed or not. It may also be the cause of the problem.