Thread: Not a single media player work in Windows 7

Not a single media player work in Windows 7

Right now my Desktop computer is running windows 7. Randomly some media players do not work without any reason and error. The players include MPC, VLC, WMP, WMC, and the Youtube player. I have also installed the Adobe Air Debugger and it freezes in the middle. So far I have tried only .mp3 and .ogg files only. But sometimes when playing other files, the program becomes completely unresponsive. Is it a problem with Windows 7 or my computer itself?

Re: Not a single media player work in Windows 7

I hope that you are talking about the "Media Player Classic" here. The current news is like this. There is a new version of MPC Home cinema which is now available and it is of 64 bits which is meant for Windows Vista and Windows 7. There is no doubt that it will work perfectly in Windows XP 64 bits. A few functions have been removed now due to unsupport for 64 bits like you will not get a support of MPEG decoder and QuickTime.

It seems to me like the problem is obviously with your computer. This kind of media player issues are always confusing. AS far as I know, the player will play almost any media file because it has its own codecs. It does not use any third party codecs. You can try to fix this problem by clicking on Start and then Run and type these two commands:
    Code:
    regsvr32 jscript.dll 
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Next time when any of the media player freezes, you have to make a note of the time. After that you can look for particular error in Event Viewer. In order to view go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools and then Event Viewer. There you should open Windows folder for both "Application" and "System" logs and see for any errors for the time which you have noted. See where it causes the error.

I think that something might be missing in your computer and due to this no Media player is capable to play video in your system. Can you tell me whether you can play games or not. If not, then I consider that the integrated graphics controller is missing from the system. Either you have not installed the drivers for it or maybe the drivers previously installed might have been corrupted. You should also check whether the integrated graphics is not damaged on your motherboard. Without the proper graphics settings, the system could be incapable to play videos.