Thread: Windows media player error on sample music

Windows media player error on sample music

When I am searching and selecting a samply music from some music site then Windows Media Player wont play the sample and gives me error message that "The system cannot find the file specified." If I go to check the details option from the error notice then it gives me the following:

The path to the file is not valid
    Error ID = 0x80070002, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

Windows Media Player cannot find the path to the file. Probable causes for this error include: the server name, shared directory name, or file name has been misspelled or has changed. Check the file name and path for errors. If this error persists, contact your network administrator for the correct location of the file you want to play.

Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Windows media player error on sample music

From where did you download the music file from. If it was a proper site then you need to make sure that the license is still there on your computer. Incase you have downloaded the music from some other website then you may have to get a license to make the music playable at some specific period time on your computer.

I was also having this similar kind of issue with Windows Media Player and found out that the problem was caused due to some nero plugin in the media player. So I uninstalled the same plugin from the computer and then had to trash me media files library and then Windows Media player started to play sample music without any issues.

If you want to resolve this problem then register the Wmnetmgr.dll file by using an account that is in the Administrators group. At a command prompt, run the following command:
    regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll

You also need to make sure that the user account that is using Windows Media Player has Modify permissions for the Wmsdkns.xml file. In Windows XP, the file is located in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media\11.0 folder. Also try to delete the Wmsdkns.xml file. After you delete it, Windows Media Player will re-create the Wmsdkns.xml file and see if that helps.