Thread: WMP11 not streaming avi files

WMP11 not streaming avi files

I am trying to set up wmp11 to stream video files from an XP Pro pc. The receiving client is my Sony TV. I have successfully done this with a windows 7 machine through WMP11.

On the XP machine, WMP11 could play the AVI file (with added codecs). When I try to stream to the Sony TV, I can see the PC, the shared folder, but upon accessing that folder, I am told there are no files accessible.

Any suggestions why this avi file can not be seen? As I noted, I can play the avi file from a windows 7 machine so it should not be compatibility with the Sony TV.

Thanks

Ron

Re: WMP11 not streaming avi files

I think that the files that you are trying to play is the xvid or divx file and if this is the case then you will have to first download it completely and then only you will be able to play those videos. There will be no problem to stream those with the VLC player.

The xp computer plays the avi files correctly, so I assume that the codecs are in place.

The sony tv sees the avi files when streamed from a windows 7 computer so I assume that it is working correctly.

The issue seems to be that the xp computer with WMP11 used for streaming is not properly streaming the avi files. Will the codecs impact that? If so, where should they reside?

Ron

How are you streaming videos to the sony tv, are you using any device for same? Have you installed the proper drivers or software in the windows xp computer to stream video to the sony tv? Since its an access problem, have you tried sharing the videos with the proper and full rights to be able to streamed to the sony tv?