Thread: Windows Media Player suddenly stopped ripping

Windows Media Player suddenly stopped ripping

Hi
    I have a 3 week old Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 7. I happily ripped 15 cd's in Windows Media Player and then it suddenly stopped. Now it won't rip any, and even ripping in Itunes is painfully slow. ExpressRip also won't work. Any ideas what may be happening here? The Cd and track names appear in the window, so presume the cd/dvd drive is not the problem?
    Thank you very much.

Re: Windows Media Player suddenly stopped ripping

Well, i had never used Windows Media Player for ripping hence i cant help you trouble shoot with the same, I always used NERO. But for searching some help, i foudn few similar Articles with same problem, you should check them. Hope you get helped:
    windows media player will not let me rip a cd
    Windows media player 11 ripping problem
    Troubleshooting: Ripping CDs in Windows Media Player 11!
    CD won’t rip in Windows media player 12

To get the right cause of crash you will need to go in Event Viewer. In that you can find the full description of error you are facing. And on that basis it will be possible for you to deal with the problem. If possible try to post the error description here. Without that it is hard to resolve the issue. You can also try to do one thing. You can simply download the latest version of Media Player from web and install it back again. This would overwrite the existing setup and will fix the issue which you are facing. You can download a new version from Microsoft site.

I got this issue when I was trying to play a dvd. I am not able to understand why it crashes so instantly. The player also takes a very long time to load the dvd video. It crashes instantly when I skip a video or fast forward it. The next thing I did is install K-Lite codec pack and it started working. So the issue was with the damage codec. And once this was updated the problem is resolved. In your cause also you will have to go ahead with fresh codec pack update. Just download and install the same in your system and then check back.