Thread: Windows Media Player 12 lost its Auto Playlist

Windows Media Player 12 lost its Auto Playlist

I am using windows media player 12 and after the recent upgrade with windows 7 operating system, I seem to have lost all the auto playlist from the media player. Now why is that so? Is it due to the upgrade or something else? I did have a chat with my friends about the issue and they seem to be completely unaware of this kind of problem. Can anyone please help.

Re: Windows Media Player 12 lost its Auto Playlist

I would advice you to check out the following location which is - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Sample Playlists and see if you are able to find any playlist from there or not, if you are not able to find it then consider that it has gone, you will have to create a new playlist.

Re: Windows Media Player 12 lost its Auto Playlist

I think the issue occurs because of the recent upgradation process that you have done and hence it is giving you problems in finding out the playlist. According to me the playlist might have got deleted when you upgradred the system, however if you are talking about the new playlist that you had created, post the upgradation, then you must be able to find it in the location that is been specified above, if you were talking about the playlist prior to the upgradation then consider it as gone.

Since you have lost the auto playlist in media player then to ensure that it doesnt happen in the future you can try to create or change an auto playlist in Windows Media Player. For example, if there is a certain artist you like to listen to, you can create an auto playlist that will automatically add new music by that artist when it appears in the Player Library. For more information, go to this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...s-Media-Player