Thread: Error message C00D11B1 while using Windows Media Player 11

C00D11B1 error message.

I am using a 64bit edition of Windows Media Player. I had upgraded to Media Player 11 from 10. I got the upgrade message and thought that upgrading the same will offer more better option. It might be more stable. But after that only I started getting C00D11B1 error message on my screen. I cannot configure the upgrades at all.

The issue only lies with Vista edition of Media Player. Ensure that your system is updated completely. Check for Windows Update and then see whether the issue is gone or not. The error reporting service helps to collect appropriate updates based on the issue appeared. Second go in Event Viewer and check the log files. In that under Error Description you will be able to locate the exact application or associate service which is causing the error.

Error message C00D11B1 while using Windows Media Player 11

Please help!

I am not able to play .wmv files or .wma audio files in my windows media player 11. Well but I am able to play this files in other player like quicktime or vlc and its working fine. Even I tried to re install my media player and even I have re installed my audio driver but nothing seems to be working. I have run sfc/scannow even its doesn't help.

Can you please help me to resolve this problem ?

Re: Error message C00D11B1 while using Windows Media Player 11

The problem might be occurring if your Sound device is not functioning properly. Follow the below steps to rectify the issue:
    • Start > My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers
    • Enable your sound device if you find it to be disabled
    • If unable to find the sound device then go to Multimedia Audio Controller and right-click the icon, and then click Update Driver or Update Driver Software. Follow the on-screen instructions to find and install the driver software.
    • If unable to find and install the proper driver, then vsisit the official website of your sound device manufacturer's and install the drivers from there.